BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm doing the following proc export on a SAS 9.3 64-bit TS1M0 server version.  I'm using the pc file server.  I was unable to create an xlsx file so I read that it has to be an xlsb file.  But when it generates it always goes to the last row of data but you can't see that row.  I have to scroll up to see any data at all.  Is there an option to correct this? proc export data = test             outfile="d\test.xlsb" replace dbms=excelcs ; run; Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I don't understand why it "has to be an xlsb file" -- when I run the code in the screen shot to make an XLS file, using SAS 9.4, I get an XLS file. I don't "have" to make it XLSB. But if you find that there are problems making an XLSB file, you might want to work with Tech Support. For example, this Tech Support note 40597 - The SAS® PC Files Server engine ignores the FILENAME statement even though the SAS® log indi... shows the creation of .XLSB files in the sample code, but it doesn't say that XLSB is the ONLY file type that you "have to" create.

cynthia

proc_export_excelcs.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation