BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
meatmuffin
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to do a table with proc tabulate where I'm calculating different totals.

At the moment it looks like the following:

proc_tab.PNG

With the following code:

PROC TABULATE
DATA=my.data;

VAR SUM_A_KOST_J SUM_A_HB SUM_A_TB SUM_AUSGABEN_OEFFENTLICH;
CLASS PERH_J / ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;
CLASS KAT1AG / ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;

TABLE /* Zeilendimension */
PERH_J,
/* Spaltendimension */

(ALL='SUBTOTAL_1')*SUM_AUSGABEN_OEFFENTLICH
KAT1AG*SUM_AUSGABEN_OEFFENTLICH
(ALL='SUBTOTAL_2')*SUM_A_KOST_J
KAT1AG*SUM_A_KOST_J
;
;
RUN;

Now I would like to add a row which calculates me the TOTAL of SUBTOTAL_1 and SUBTOTAL_2.

Is this possible? And how can I do this?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Astounding
PROC Star

One of the principles of using PROC TABULATE is that any one cell in the report can be based on just a single analysis variable.  So the answer is no, you can't do that using your current structure to the data.  However, if you were to preprocess your data and create a new analysis variable then it would be possible:

newvar = sum_ausgaben_offentlich + sum_a_kost_j;

Then add NEWVAR to the VAR statement, and the rest would be fairly easy.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

If you change Perh_J, to

Perh_J All='Total'

You will get the sum of 2011 and 2012 for all columns. If want only Subtotal21 and Subtotal_2 summed then you're likely outside of proc tabulate.

Astounding
PROC Star

One of the principles of using PROC TABULATE is that any one cell in the report can be based on just a single analysis variable.  So the answer is no, you can't do that using your current structure to the data.  However, if you were to preprocess your data and create a new analysis variable then it would be possible:

newvar = sum_ausgaben_offentlich + sum_a_kost_j;

Then add NEWVAR to the VAR statement, and the rest would be fairly easy.

Good luck.

meatmuffin
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much for the answers.

Unfortunately the structure of the data isn't so easy as it looks like while creating the proc tabulate.

Well, I have to search for a possible preprocess.

Astounding
PROC Star

In that case, here's a similar approach that might work.  Instead of printing the report with PROC TABULATE, create an output data set instead.  Then modify the output data set and use that as the input to a second PROC TABULATE to actually print the report.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation