Help using Base SAS procedures

Proc Shewhart - only output if outside CL

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Proc Shewhart - only output if outside CL

Is it possible to set up the PROC Shewhart procedure to only print a chart or output if a CL is violated?  I am trying to set it up as a reporting procedure for multiple metrics at multiple units so checking through each graph would be time intensive.  Is there a way to only have the procedure output if there is a data point outside of either the UCL or LCL?  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-22-2013 10:18 AM
Trusted Advisor

Re: Proc Shewhart - only output if outside CL

Posted in reply to ewhulbert

Here's how I would do this.

Step 1. I would run PROC SHEWHART with the NOCHART and NOCHART2 options and also the OUTTABLE= option. This produces no chart, but it also produces a data set from the OUTTABLE= option that contains a variable _EXLIM_ indiciating which control chart rule has been violated, if any.

Step 2. Once you have the OUTTABLE= data set, you can then decide if you need to run PROC SHEWHART a second time to actually produce the charts.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-22-2013 10:18 AM
Trusted Advisor

Re: Proc Shewhart - only output if outside CL

Posted in reply to ewhulbert

Here's how I would do this.

Step 1. I would run PROC SHEWHART with the NOCHART and NOCHART2 options and also the OUTTABLE= option. This produces no chart, but it also produces a data set from the OUTTABLE= option that contains a variable _EXLIM_ indiciating which control chart rule has been violated, if any.

Step 2. Once you have the OUTTABLE= data set, you can then decide if you need to run PROC SHEWHART a second time to actually produce the charts.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation