Help using Base SAS procedures

Proc Report

Occasional Contributor

Proc Report

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Question about Proc Report: when use break to summarize data by group/sub-group, is there a way to add row title for total/sub-total to the report? For example: there are groups of Region and Branch, can we add the row title like 'Total for Region (Eastern,Western, and Central respectively):' on the group total row? Also,, are we able to add 'Grand Total' for the report total row at the bottom of the report?

Thanks!

Community Manager

Re: Proc Report

Do you have access to SAS Enterprise Guide?  If so, you might find the List Report Wizard to be a great help to jump start your program.  (Find it under Tasks->Describe.)   It supports Totals and Subtotals and various other common reporting scenarios, and it generates relatively clean PROC REPORT code that you can adapt.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reply! However, I do not have access to EG, also, the program needs to be automated.

Super User

You might provide some example data and what the report should look like.

I can usually do something like that in Proc Tabulate with a multilabel format, having the row text read something like ''Total for Eastern Region" but I don't believe Proc Report supports multilabel formats and Tabulate cannot due everything report does. Or may require pre-summarization to work.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion. Will try some other alternatives.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation