BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GVeers
Calcite | Level 5
I am executing a proc rank call in a macro that has worked very well to date:

proc rank data=fractile1 groups=&fract out=&outdata;
var &predict;
ranks Fractile;

Strangely, however, I am now working with a dataset where groups=25 and I am instead getting 24 ranks. Rank 18 is somehow getting skipped entirely, so the ranks suddenly go from 17 to 19. There are no non-missing variables in the dataset and the 25 ranks have worked just fine with a different dataset.

Is there anything else I can investigate that could cause proc rank to blip like this?
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
This Tech Support note talks about possibly NOT getting equal-sized groups with the GROUP= option:
http://support.sas.com/kb/22/399.html

This may come down to the differences in the data and/or would be something best explored with SAS Tech Support.

To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia
GVeers
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Cynthia. That was a great help. The proc rank skipped 18 because there is a huge section of tie values that SAS assigned to rank 19.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation