Help using Base SAS procedures

Proc Printto in SAS 9.3

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Proc Printto in SAS 9.3

We have recently upgraded to SAS93. I am trying to write 'Proc Print' output to an external text file without any luck. Output is shown in the Results Viewer.

Example:
Filename CELPH 'Z:\SASPGM\Z9\Z9Output\Z9KeyCPUIndicatorsHourlyUsage.txt';

Proc printto print=CELPH new; run;
Title 'Z9 Hourly Interval Key Indicators - 2011';
    Proc print split='*'; var LPARNAME STARTIME LPCTBY PCTLPBY LPMSUHR LPSHARC LPSHARE ;
                       By LPARNAME;
run;
Proc printto; run;

What do I need to change in order to write the Proc Print to an external text file please?

Thanks

Sarel Swanepoel

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-26-2011 08:22 AM
Occasional Contributor

Proc Printto in SAS 9.3

Hi Sarel

We would really need to see the LOG before being able to provide an accurate answer.  Can you post that too? 

However:  My guess would be you have no errors or warnings in the log window/file?  If that's the case (assuming you are using the classic display manager) click on Tools -> Options -> Preferences and select the "Results" tab.  Check the Create Listing option.  Or you could insert the following into the top of your program:

ods listing;

SAS 9.3 does not use the output window by default, output is now rendered in HTML.

Regards,

David.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-26-2011 08:22 AM
Occasional Contributor

Proc Printto in SAS 9.3

Hi Sarel

We would really need to see the LOG before being able to provide an accurate answer.  Can you post that too? 

However:  My guess would be you have no errors or warnings in the log window/file?  If that's the case (assuming you are using the classic display manager) click on Tools -> Options -> Preferences and select the "Results" tab.  Check the Create Listing option.  Or you could insert the following into the top of your program:

ods listing;

SAS 9.3 does not use the output window by default, output is now rendered in HTML.

Regards,

David.

New Contributor

Proc Printto in SAS 9.3

David, many thanks. I changed the 'Results' tab and it works perfectly.

Regards

Sarel   

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation