BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tahoebob
Calcite | Level 5

Just noticed a proc print with by and Id statement now inserts 2 lines between all groups in version 9 when in version 8.2 there was only 1.  Is there anyway to change this back to 1 line using various option etc.?  I tried to research and found verbiage indicating all groups are now tables.

I know this is not the biggest deal, unless we have some users creating a reports and downloading them and reading them into something else, or non SAS users running parallels and compares!  I made a point to communicate nothing we use in BASE SAS has changed, and this is a change!

Thanks!

ps...the spell checker here marks SAS as incorrect..:)

PROC PRINTTO NEW PRINT=ESCFCDFO;            

RUN;                                        

PROC SORT DATA=CDF;                         

BY BANKACCT PAYEE CHKDATE;                  

RUN;                                        

PROC PRINT DATA=CDF SPLIT='*';              

BY BANKACCT;                                

ID BANKACCT;                                

SUM CHKAMT;                                 

VAR  PAYEE CHKDATE CHKNO ;                  

FORMAT CHKAMT COMMA18.2;                    

LABEL BANKACCT='BANK*ACCOUNT'               

CHKDATE='CHECK*DATE'                  

CHKAMT='CHECK*AMOUNT'                 

CHKNO='CHECK*NUMBER';                 

TITLE3  "FOR THE MONTH :   &SYSPARM";       

RUN;                                        

PROC PRINTTO;                               

RUN;                                       

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I no longer have SAS 8.2 to compare to version 9.3....so these are just general comments. I notice that you are using PROC PRINTTO, which implies that you are still using the LISTING destination and you don't show your FILENAME statement that defines the PRINT= file. You don't say what operating system you're on, nor do you explain your system options, such as LINESIZE and PAGESIZE or FORMDLIM. If you are running on the mainframe, then the DCB attributes of the PRINT= file could be relevant.

However, when/if you notice differences between versions it's generally a good idea to work with Tech Support. For one thing, they could actually test code in SAS 8.2 and test the same code in SAS 9.3 to verify the behavior that you observe and figure out whether it is a bug or by design. If there is a workaround, they would know that.

To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

Tahoebob
Calcite | Level 5

Cynthia,

oops, thanks!  I will open ask via the link provided!

FYI...This issue is showing in ZOS, most if not all the attributes are the same defaults.  I am sure there are some new ones in version 9.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation