BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I've importanted a file with 33,000 obs but when I try to view the data using Proc Print I can only see 1500 obs - is there a way to amend this default setting to view all? I've checked and the dataset includes all the obs so i am presuming I just need to work out how to view all obs.

Thanks Message was edited by: GetSAS
8 REPLIES 8
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Are you using the SAS Learning Edition software?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Suggested Google advanced search argument, this topic / post:

learning edition obs limited 1500 site:sas.com
Ksharp
Super User
Hi.
I suppose you should use system option 'obs=max'.
But I am not sure it would be worded,I am not test it.:)

[pre]
options obs=max;
[/pre]

Ksharp
deleted_user
Not applicable
Well I am using both SAS 9.1 & SAS Learning to improve my understanding of coding.... but having the same problem with both apps. 33134 records were read from the infile.

But when viewing the dataset in the library and using proc print I can only view 1500 in both 9.1 and SLE. I am presuming there is a default option somewhere that i need to tweak?

I have tried "obs=max" using proc print with no luck. Message was edited by: GetSAS
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
As explained here:
http://support.sas.com/learn/le/product/index.html (see #6)

The learning edition has a limit set of 1500 observations. This means that when you use the SAS Learning Edition, the version of SAS included will process and display the first 1500 observations of your data set.

This liimit should be enough to allow you to work with data and learn the syntax.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Cynthia, do you know if this same rule apply to the prep guide version of SAS 9.1 as well which is below... ?

https://support.sas.com/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?pc=62439
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Why would you even presume that a copy of the SAS software is included with the prep guide?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The site you posted clearly says that:

"Each chapter includes a quiz on the chapter's contents, and the book includes a free CD-ROM with tutorials, practice data, and sample programs to further reinforce and test your SAS skills."

It says the CD containts tutorials, practice data and sample programs. It does not say that the CD contains a copy of SAS. So if you use the practice data and the sample programs from the CD with your copy of the SAS Learning Edition, then, the 1500 obs limit will apply.

However, I firmly believe that the 1500 obs limit should not be considered an impediment to learning SAS. It is possible to learn the concepts of reading data, writing data, merging data and manipulating data on under 100 observations (even on under 10 observations!). If you are learning grouping, sorting, categorizing and summarizing concepts, than having over 100 obs is useful -- especially if the 100 obs are broken into at least 2 or 3 groups. Hunky statistical analysis (time series, regressions, forecasting, survival analysis, etc) might not do so well with only 100 obs -- but those topics will not be on the Base Certification exam.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for the response. i don't envisage that it will impede my learning at all. The tutorials are fixed learning and I am a practical learner so wanted to try to work with my own data at the same time as the tutorials. - thats all. Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation