BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AmitKB
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

can anyone explain the Misclassification (error) rate statistics we get when we use fitstat option in score statement in proc logistics. I looked up the documentation but could not understand it.

I appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Amit

Proc logistics data=train;

model target (event = '1') = var1 var2 var3;

score data= validate out=Scored fitstat;

run;

1 REPLY 1
Season
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello, there. It has been many years since you raised the question. I wonder if that problem has been solved right now. I am also building a logistic regression model and has been working on the issue of misclassification error for some time. As SAS Help shows, the formula of misclassification rate is Season_0-1681641202041.png. Simply speaking, according to this formula, the proportion of observations that were misclassified is designated as the misclassification rate. In SAS Help, it is stated that an observation is classified into the level with the largest probability.

For instance, suppose the dependent variable has two levels, 0 and 1. If P(Y=1) (posterior probability) of an observation is not smaller than P(Y=0) (posterior probability), then SAS deems that according to the model, the event coded by Y=1 happens to the observation; and vice versa.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation