BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vskeyes
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I'm creating a chart with proc gchart and I have (1) a large number of columns and (2) large y-values. This means that I can't put the freqs on top of each bar because my columns are too skinny. I've tried adjusting the size of the text and using landscape orientation but nothing works.

Is there a way to get the frequencies to be written vertically inside the bar instead of horizontally across the top of the bar where there isn't enough room? It seems like such a simple solution that I feel that SAS must have an option for this but I haven't found one yet.

Thanks for any help
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
SAS/GRAPH has an ANNOTATE facility that allows you to add annotations to graphs that you create, such as with PROC GCHART. If you do not like the way that the automatic text looks, then explore how you use the ANNOTATE facility and supply an ANNO= dataset to your PROC GCHART step.

cynthia
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
I surmise that you are using a vbar chart. I often use hbar charts instead because they provide a lot more space for labels and such.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation