A regularly used piece of code to export a table from SAS to an excel sheet (in a spreadsheet that already exists) has suddenly stopped working. The code below was used to create a new tab 'sas_update' in the spreadsheet 'policy rule tracking.xls' and previously worked fine.
Now, when the code below runs the first time the various error messages are displayed.
If it is run a second time (with nothing changed) it appears to work (again message displayed below).
However after either the 1st or 2nd attempts the excel file can't be opened - a message is displayed 'cannot access policy rule tracking.xls'.
I have then found that if I close the SAS session I can open the excel file but the new sheet does not appear!
Any ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This has me completely stumped.
1 libname jgsas 'c:\temp\jgsastemp';
NOTE: Libref JGSAS was successfully assigned as follows:
Physical Name: c:\temp\jgsastemp
WARNING: The data set _IMEX_.sas_update may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there
were 0 observations and 26 variables.
ERROR: Read Access Violation In Task [ SQL )
Exception occurred at (5570C819)
ERROR: Unable to clear or re-assign the library _IMEX_ because it is still in use.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
ERROR: Export unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE EXPORT used (Total process time):
real time 0.59 seconds
cpu time 0.15 seconds