BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HimaAalamuri
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Could any one help, i never worked on Relative Risk using SAS till now but now in my study i have some tasks related to this so please any one try to reslove this one.

Study Design:

Clinical Pharmacology Reporting and Analysis Plan for A Phase 1, Randomized, Double-Blind (sponsor open), Placebo-Controlled, Single Dose Escalation Trial to Evaluate the Safety .

treatment groups:

Trt                                                                               Control

10 mg 20 mg 30 mg 40 mg 50 mg                              Placebo

i have to generate "plot of common adverse events and relative risk".

My Questions:

1) which procedure i have to use ?

2) what are raw values, need to cacluate for plot?

3)usually we generate figure trt vs control group, so my question is for this figure we have to display trt vs trt also for dose escalation. means for seing what is the difference in trtments and how it varies??

related to this i dnot have any information in RAP or protocol. so how i can move??

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

1. To calculate relative risk you generally use proc freq.

2. See the doc for how it is calculated and the data format/structure required

3. Google papers in your field and see what the standard presentation/plot looks like, otherwise you're waiting for someone else to do it. Or hoping someone with expertise in that exact particular subject happens along. They may, but it may take a while.

HimaAalamuri
Fluorite | Level 6

pls give me any reference.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Use Google, first result out of the hat: 43773 - Adverse event relative risk macro

Also, this blog has very good examples of almost any graph I could think of: http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/

HimaAalamuri
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Rw9,

i saw this site : 43773 - Adverse event relative risk macro but that macro is not available then how can i know which procedure have to use ??

Thanks

Hima

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

If you go to the downloads tab on that web page there is a sas file which will contain the macro.

HimaAalamuri
Fluorite | Level 6

thank you!!

i executed the same code by i am getting so many errors Smiley Sad

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

The principal thing to take from that example is the proc template GTL code.  You would need to get your data into a shape where you can use it.  You can also have a look at this blogs which has many examples and guidance:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/?s=relative+risk

At the end of the day, it is a probably one the most complicated graphs your likely to see the pharma arena, so don't be suprised if it takes you a fair amount of work to get out.

Reeza
Super User

The trick is getting your data in the same format as the sample data.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation