Help using Base SAS procedures

PROC UNIVARIATE READOUT

Occasional Contributor JWO
Occasional Contributor

PROC UNIVARIATE READOUT

Part of my PROC UNIVARIATE readout is giving values in the form of "11E-1" or "6.2587E+8."  How do I adjust the readout to provide actual numeric values?  Thank you.

(SAS 9.4)

Super User

Re: PROC UNIVARIATE READOUT

What are you referring to as 'readout'?

Occasional Contributor

Just the SAS Output in the results viewer.  Thank you.

Super User

There are so many possible output with proc univariate I suggest that you provide a small example data set in the form of data step code and the code used for proc univariate that will duplicate the output. The data set only needs to have one variable.

Occasional Contributor

I think it had something to do with the number of variables I was running.  When I reduced the size of the dataset, it worked fine with fewer variables.  Thanks for your willingness to help.

Super User

I don't think you can. I think you'll have to save the data to a data set and then proc print it with explicit formats. 

Depending on what you want that may or may not be worth the work. 

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2017/01/09/ods-output-any-statistic.html

SAS Super FREQ

SAS output never contains "actual numeric values."  It contains formatted values.  In some cases the formatted values are displayed in E format.  You can always modify ODS table templates to change formats.  Here is one of many source of more information about ODS. http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_ods_toc.htm&docsetVersion=14.3&...

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation