Help using Base SAS procedures

PROC REPORT STUB COLUMN

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

PROC REPORT STUB COLUMN

SAS Community,

I am creating a PROC REPORT table (with SAS ODS PDF) where the number of columns exceeds what I can fit across on one page. The balance of the columns of data flow on to the second page and I would like to create a stub column (a repeat of the first column) to maintain a reference point for the data on the second page.

I have tried duplicating the first column after the column in the column statement following the natural break in the report, from page 1 to page 2, but PROC REPORT reformats the layout and I do not obtain the effect I want.

Can someone assist me with repeating the first column on the first page to the second page of the report to represent the balance of columns of data on the second page of the report? 

Steve Dybas

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-17-2016 09:06 AM
Super Contributor

Re: PROC REPORT STUB COLUMN

Such a column is called an "ID column." An ID column (and all the columns to its left) appears on every page of the report.

To specify a column as an ID column, add the ID option to the DEFINE statement for the column.

DEFINE MYCOL / ID;

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎06-17-2016 09:06 AM
Super Contributor

Such a column is called an "ID column." An ID column (and all the columns to its left) appears on every page of the report.

To specify a column as an ID column, add the ID option to the DEFINE statement for the column.

DEFINE MYCOL / ID;
Occasional Contributor

I wished I had seen that define in the examples I was combing over. Thanks!
Super User

Or change

options papersize=(10in,20in);

to make PDF as big as enough to hold all these variables in a page.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response.
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation