BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
no_hassles
Calcite | Level 5

SAS Community,

I am creating a PROC REPORT table (with SAS ODS PDF) where the number of columns exceeds what I can fit across on one page. The balance of the columns of data flow on to the second page and I would like to create a stub column (a repeat of the first column) to maintain a reference point for the data on the second page.

I have tried duplicating the first column after the column in the column statement following the natural break in the report, from page 1 to page 2, but PROC REPORT reformats the layout and I do not obtain the effect I want.

Can someone assist me with repeating the first column on the first page to the second page of the report to represent the balance of columns of data on the second page of the report? 

Steve Dybas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

Such a column is called an "ID column." An ID column (and all the columns to its left) appears on every page of the report.

To specify a column as an ID column, add the ID option to the DEFINE statement for the column.

DEFINE MYCOL / ID;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

Such a column is called an "ID column." An ID column (and all the columns to its left) appears on every page of the report.

To specify a column as an ID column, add the ID option to the DEFINE statement for the column.

DEFINE MYCOL / ID;
no_hassles
Calcite | Level 5
I wished I had seen that define in the examples I was combing over. Thanks!
Ksharp
Super User

Or change

options papersize=(10in,20in);

to make PDF as big as enough to hold all these variables in a page.

no_hassles
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for your response.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation