BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
UKPhD
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Firstly, I am not an experienced SAS user (using v9.3).

I am using PROC PLS to derive RRR patterns in dietary data. I am using a national survey. The survey has a weight variable which can be applied to make it more nationally representative. Is there a way to account for this weighting during the PLS procedure?

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

David

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

By "weight variable", I am assuming you mean that each observation accounts for a certain proportion of the national population, instead of each observation accounts for 1/n of the national population if there are n observations.

In that case, you would have SAS replicate the observations such that now the proportions are correct, and then run PLS. This probably isn't perfect, since PLS works by explaining the variance of your predictors and responses, but its better than nothing.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

You may want to check on the sampling methodology for the national survey to see if it is a complex sample. Procedures that would assume a simple random sample often under estimate variability in responses from complex samples.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation