BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jav5
Calcite | Level 5
I have a cross-over study with 2 periods where a few subjects are missing the endpoint in the second period. PROC MIXED was used for the analysis and I am trying to understand exactly how PROC MIXED handles the missing values. One suggestion has been that the mixed model imputes the missing values somehow. I was under the impression that mixed used all available data (as compared to PROC GLM), but does it impute the missing values?
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
MIXED does not impute anything for the missing data. It uses the data for the periods were there is data and ignores the periods for which there is no data. In that sense it is like the repeated measures ANOVA approach (but without the restrictive assumptions).

If you want to impute the missing endpoints and meet the assumptions, you could use the MI and MIANALYSE procedures with MIXED.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation