BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rcantor
Calcite | Level 5

Does anyone know how to suppress the following warning from proc lifetest?

"WARNING: The likelihood ratio test for strata homogeneity is questionable since some strata have
no events."

thanks!

RC

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

Best would be to ensure that all of the strata have events.

Why do you want to disable a warning that you may be using an inappropriate method for the given data?

rcantor
Calcite | Level 5

I agree not ideal. I am making a number of reports in an automated process. In the long runI could make the lifetest code conditional on how many strata and if they have events, but in the short term I'm trying to get my code to run without any warnings.

Ksharp
Super User
Remove that Strata which have no event .

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

A WHERE clause would probably handle this.

Steve Denham

fengyuwuzu
Pyrite | Level 9

what if the strata is treatment arm?

GavinZhou
Calcite | Level 5

If the specification you received request summary statistics for time-to-even data such as median survival
time, confidence intervals, and 25th – 75th percentiles, you still need to use the LIFETEST procedure and
you can use the NOTEST option to skip the inappropriate statistical test. For example, the following
codes will not issue the warning message because it does not perform the inappropriate statistical test,
but it will still give you the summary statistics.

ods output Quartiles=quartiles;
proc lifetest data=adtte method=KM alpha=0.05;
by subgroup;
time AVAL*CNSR(1);
strata trt01pn/notest;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation