BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I am reading an excel sheet using proc import and after i process my data I want to write my updated data to the same excel sheet.

But it doesnt do it. It writes to an another tab. here is the log code:

PROC IMPORT OUT= test.EXTRACTMASTER
14 DATAFILE= "V:\LifeMaster\2009-05TestNS\RawData\ExtractMaster.xls"
15 DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE;
16 SHEET="Sheet1$";
17 GETNAMES=YES;
18 MIXED=NO;
19 SCANTEXT=YES;
20 USEDATE=YES;
21 SCANTIME=YES;
22 RUN;

Proc export data = test.updated_excel
152 outfile = "V:\LifeMaster\2009-05TestNS\RawData\ExtractMaster.xls"
153 dbms = excel
154 REPLACE;
155 SHEET="Sheet1$";
156 run;

1 The SAS System 13:44 Monday, November 30, 2009

WARNING: File _IMEX_.'Sheet1$$'n.DATA does not exist.
WARNING: Table _IMEX_."Sheet1$$" has not been dropped.
ERROR: The MS Excel table Sheet1$ has been opened for OUTPUT. This table already exists, or there is
ERROR: The MS Excel table Sheet1$ has been opened for OUTPUT. This table already exists, or there is
a name conflict with an existing object. This table will not be replaced. This engine does not
a name conflict with an existing object. This table will not be replaced. This engine does not
support the REPLACE option.
ERROR: Export unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

wondering if there is fix to it.
1 REPLY 1
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Honestly, we're not seeing the entire SAS log - there is much missing which is likely contributing to your problem.

Suggest you turn on max diagnostics with the command below, then re-post with the entire log, not just snippets. And it may be worthwhile to do some additional desk-checking before re-posting - possibly you will see the problem cause:

OPTIONS SOURCE SOURCE2 MACROGEN SYMBOLGEN MLOGIC;

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation