Help using Base SAS procedures

PROC GENMOD ERROR / In General Directing Errors into Macro Variables

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

PROC GENMOD ERROR / In General Directing Errors into Macro Variables

Hi,

I am running thousands of models in genmod in a search algorithm and I need to identify models that don't converge:

ERROR: The mean parameter is either invalid or at a limit of its range for some observations.

And create a macro variable to do conditional statements based on the convergence status. How can I create an indicator macro variable based on the presence of this error?

Also, in general, if there is a standard methodology for creating macro variables from errors in the log that would be great.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-14-2012 02:20 PM
Valued Guide

Re: PROC GENMOD ERROR / In General Directing Errors into Macro Variables

The success or failure (of most PROC or DATA steps) is stored in the automatic macro variable &SYSERR.  This macro variable can be interrogated to determine further processing.  Assuming that you are running the GENMOD within a macro loop, checking &SYSERR should be straightforward.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎08-14-2012 02:20 PM
Valued Guide

The success or failure (of most PROC or DATA steps) is stored in the automatic macro variable &SYSERR.  This macro variable can be interrogated to determine further processing.  Assuming that you are running the GENMOD within a macro loop, checking &SYSERR should be straightforward.

New Contributor

Nice, that will work!

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation