Help using Base SAS procedures

PROC GCHART

N/A

PROC GCHART

Is anyone really familiar with either PROC GCHART or annotating datasets?

I'm trying to create a bar graph with the frequency counts on the inside and unique percentages for each group on the outside. I've successfully made the graph I want in PROC GCHART with the frequencies inside the bars. However I can't get PROC GCHART to pull the right percents--it keeps automatically using the percent of my GROUP variable "House_Age" when really I want the percent of my SUMVAR "Frequency". Is it possible to change which variable GCHART uses to calculate percents or do I need to find a way to do this manually with an annotate statement?

Here is my code:
proc gchart data=WORK.&DIRECTORY.;
vbar &RESULT. / DISCRETE GROUP=HOUSE_AGE
PATTERNID=MIDPOINT
type=sum
sumvar=Frequency
inside=sum
outside=pct
maxis=axis1
raxis=axis2
run;
QUIT;

Any advice will be warmly received!

Thanks a million,
Katie
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: PROC GCHART

Possibly this SAS GCHART DOC link (and excerpt) may help:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/graphref/59607/HTML/default/gchart-bar.htm

With subgroups, PERCENT displays the percent contribution of each subgroup to the midpoint value of the bar, based on frequency. The PERCENT values for each subgroup total the percent contribution of the bar to the whole. For example, if the percent contribution of the whole bar is 60%, the PERCENT statistic for all the subgroups in that bar are 60% total. To calculate PERCENT based on the SUMVAR= variable, use the FREQ= and TYPE= options.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
N/A

Re: PROC GCHART

Hi Katie,

I guess this might be the answer, once u use subgroup option in Var statement...........sub group and frequency variable

Syntax:subgroup variable name
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation