BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HarshadMadhamshettiwar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Experts,

I am trying to leverage best available option to forecast time series data using SAS procedures.

I am trying and testing Proc Forecast and Proc ESM  from last few days and I came across many differences in capabilities, usability, limitations, end output production and underlying algorithms or logic for selecting automatic model when no any model is specified.

Primarily I am seeking to use any of these procedures such that it will automatically select the best fit model for all of the variables in the dataset by analyzing the pattern of data in the past for individual variable, can anyone please enlighten scope of using these procedures for the purpose I stated.

Also what are pros and cons of using any of the Procedure.

Thanks.

Harshad.

1 REPLY 1
asdfghjkl__lpoi87654ewasxcv
Calcite | Level 5

per this site - proc forecast is more or less deprecated so I would not write any new code that depends on it.  They recommend using ESM or autoreg instead.

"The FORECAST procedure is superseded by newer SAS/ETS procedures that provide more powerful and flexible versions of the forecasting methods provided by PROC FORECAST"

Overview: FORECAST Procedure :: SAS/ETS(R) 12.3 User's Guide

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation