BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hart
Calcite | Level 5
I am using the function which is converting my data well however the output is uncompressed. my input file is compressed & after exporting i noticed that my 2g file has ballooned to 10g. I have tried compress statements but they are ignored.

is there anyway I can compress this data when exporting it? The goal is to upload this data onto a flash drive.

options compress=binary;
proc export data=test.temp(compress=BINARY)
outfile='D:\XPORT\temp.dat'
dbms=sav;
run;
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
The SAS COMPRESS= option refers to compressing SAS members. Not sure if you can export to an SPSS-format and have it be compressed.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Hart
Calcite | Level 5
yeah im thinking the same. Thanks
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Since you appear to be on a Windows platform, you can just use the OS to do the compression. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory, right click on the directory name, select "properties", select "general", select "advanced", check the box to compress the directory contents. That compresses all files in, or newly created in, the directory.

You can also compress a single existing file the same way.

Once a file or directory is compressed, you can look at the properties again to see how much space is actually used on the disk for the file.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation