BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hellind
Quartz | Level 8

My version of SAS is base SAS 9.2

Windows 7 64 bit

Office Excel 2013 32-bit

SAS/ACCESS to PC Files is installed

This code use to work correctly but now I am getting error

ERROR: Connect: Unexpected error from external database driver (1).
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

proc export data=dt.volumeEntity3 outfile='D:\SAS\workplan\output_crosssell.xls' dbms=excel replace;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hellind
Quartz | Level 8
The issue is resolved after the recently downloading the new Microsoft Update.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Please post full log, especially with the libname statement for "dt".

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Whilst this is not your issue (from what I can tell from the brief bit posted) as your issue relates to the libname you haven't supplied, in your code you state output file is .xls - xls is a file extension for < 2003 Excel, it is the old binary file format.  dsbms=excel should create .xlsx files, or Open Office file format, so ensure the file extension matches the file type.  Shouldn't matter in this case, but might switch the engine if your not careful, and anyone using the file will be thrown off by the mismatch.

hellind
Quartz | Level 8

Which libname shoud I supply?

libname dt 'd:\sas\dt';

It is working. It is a local folder.

And this code used to work before.Suddenly it  stopped working.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Actually, a quick search shows it seems to be a Microsoft issue:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dataaccesstechnologies/2017/10/18/unexpected-error-from-external-da...

As I mentioned before with the filename, use the correct file extension and this should solve it, if not follow m$ advice:

proc export data=dt.volumeEntity3 outfile='D:\SAS\workplan\output_crosssell.xlsx' dbms=excel replace;
run;

hellind
Quartz | Level 8
The issue is resolved after the recently downloading the new Microsoft Update.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation