BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MelissaSP
Calcite | Level 5
I am in desperate need of help! I am trying to merge two psychology data sets: one with 40 records per subid and one with one record per subid. The dataset with the one record per subid is demographic information. When I merged the data sets using proc sort, I was successful in doing so. However, for the analyses, when I went to run a MANOVA between my independent and dependent variables, the demographic varibales were counted 39 extra times per subid when they should only count once per subid. In other words, with 302 participants I only want the demographic variables to count once even though the merged file will contain 40 records per subid. Any help would be greatly appreciated
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
It would help if you shared your code. The set-up (40 records per subject) is appropriate for a repeated measures analysis (you would want the repeated records for the demographics and the REPEATED statement would take care of the actual sample size). If you are looking for a Multivariate ANOVA, with say 40 outcome measures per subject, then you need to reframe your data to get one (long) record per ID. You can do that by using PROC TRANSPOSE on the repeated records to stretch them out and then merging with the dmographics.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation