BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rpaulus
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm trying to use the ODS Output dataset ParameterEstimates from the PHREG procedure, and I'm having an issue where it appears that the variable "Parameter" only has a length of 20, so it's truncating any parameter entered into the model with length > 20.  This is problematic for me since, amongst other variables, I'm trying to use three interaction term variables named volume_gtv_rt_tech_d1, volume_gtv_rt_tech_d2, and volume_gtv_rt_tech_d3.  The ParameterEstimates dataset has the value volume_gtv_rt_tech_d in the Parameter variable for all 3 terms.  My ultimate goal is to combine this data with some PROC FREQ data so I can make a table for my statistician that includes the # of failures within each covariate grouping, and this is now rendered nearly impossible with truncating data.

Has anyone else come across this issue?  Other than renaming my variables (which is problematic since I do not have complete control over them), is there some other work-around?  A random option in PHREG that I'm not aware of?  I'm running 9.2, so maybe there's a fix in the latest release, and I could use this as a bargaining chip to get upgraded?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Use the namelen option.

proc phreg data=your_data namelen=32;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Use the namelen option.

proc phreg data=your_data namelen=32;

rpaulus
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks so much, Reeza!  That solves my problem perfectly.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation