BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

Does anyone know how to do a P-Test and a Z-Test in Windows SAS?
I know there is a proc ttest which can give you the results directly of a T-Test, but I was not able to find anything for a P-Test and a Z-test.

Also, once the test is done, how do we output this into a table that can be exported into
Excel or Access?

Regards,
Shalini
4 REPLIES 4
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
Perhaps you could enlighten us as to what a P-test is?

A Z-test can be done very simply in a datastep as (Xbar-mu)/sigma, and then you look up the value from the z-table with the SAS function PROBNORM.
deleted_user
Not applicable
You can refer to this link see what is a P-Test :
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070401154639AA1OJ8p

Also, it would be really helpful if you could send me an example of how to use PROBNORM.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Actually it would be really nice if you could send me a piece of code to do a Z-test in your way

Thanks,
Shalini
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
So the p-test is really a p-value? Virtually every SAS statistical procedure produces p-values. Problem solved!

PROBNORM is explained in SAS help, along with an example.

I don't write code for people on the internet ... if you try to write code and can't get it to work, I'll be happy to provide further assistance.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation