BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
elvispriscilla
Calcite | Level 5
Hi all, I would appreciate your help on the following problem.

I need to estimate a choice model (logit) and one independent variable will show by itself as well as a combination of five other variables. A simple example would be:

choice=intercept+price+price*demographics+error
demographics=income+distance

Now is there a way I can nest/embed the linear combination into the model statement so I do not have to calculate the estimates of income and distance manually?
Of course my model has many many variables so I want to find a way to let SAS spit those out for me.

Thank you very very much.
1 REPLY 1
statsplank
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

What I understood from your description is that you want to use a linear combination of income and distance as a single variable (demographics) in the logistic regression model for choice.

I think you could use the variance components analysis to create your demographics variable. Then it can be plugged into your choice model. With ODS and a bit of macro programming this can be automated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation