Help using Base SAS procedures

Need help to make a table of Bad rates with Proc tabulate

N/A

Need help to make a table of Bad rates with Proc tabulate

I want to use proc tabluate to make a cross tab of bad rates using a variable bad that is 1 if the observation is bad and 0 otherwise.  My sample code is attached. As I see the main issue, I want to treat bad as a class and analysis variable in order to get the sum of the bads and divide by the number of observations.  I know I can't do that.  I'm sure there is a very elegant way to do this.  Many thanks for people's time!

Teresa

Attachment
Super User

Re: Need help to make a table of Bad rates with Proc tabulate

You are not the first person trying to do this the hard way.  With a 0/1 variable, make it an analysis variable and calculate the mean.  That's the same as the sum of the "bads" divided by the number of observations.

Good luck.

Super User

Re: Need help to make a table of Bad rates with Proc tabulate

Posted in reply to Astounding

Adding to Astounding note, and N gives number of records considered and Sum yields number of bad. I use this approach a lot as my customers will almost always ask something like "How many bad?" or "How many records?" when seeing 0 or 100 percent, or some value above/below a theshold of interest, for some group. It heads off follow-up request to provide all 3 up front.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation