Help using Base SAS procedures

Naming ods pdf files

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Naming ods pdf files

Is there a way you can have an ods pdf file be named with the value of a variable.  For example, if have a field with a course number (ENGL.1301.87, ENGL.1301.88, ENGL.1301.89, etc.), can I make my file name be the corresponding record in the course number variable?  If so, how?  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-31-2015 04:58 AM
Grand Advisor

Re: Naming ods pdf files

I don't understand if you want name PDF file at running ODS PDF FILE=.. , you can try CALL EXECUTE .

If you want rename PDF file after they are already created , then check function RENAME() .

Xia Keshan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Grand Advisor

Are you creating and output file for each record of a dataset? Or are you wanting to direct all of like records to the same document?

Solution
‎01-31-2015 04:58 AM
Grand Advisor

I don't understand if you want name PDF file at running ODS PDF FILE=.. , you can try CALL EXECUTE .

If you want rename PDF file after they are already created , then check function RENAME() .

Xia Keshan

Contributor

Sorry for the late reply, but this worked! Thank You!

Grand Advisor

Xia Keshan

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation