BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
elfkitty12
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I'm having some trouble with the glimmix procedure.

Basically, here is what I want to do: I want to take the following code that utilizes the mixed procedure, and write equivalent code that uses the glimmix procedure.  From what I understand, I can get both the mixed and glimmix procedures to produce (roughly) the same results.

My data is non-normal, which is why I need glimmix.  But I want a starting point to work off of.  I know the mixed procedure will run properly, so I want to make sure my glimmix code runs properly as well.

Here is my code for the mixed procedure

proc mixed data=sasuser.w_400_2012 method=reml;

class ID track_type;

model l_time = fixed_date track_type / s residual outp=work.resid;

random int fixed_date / subject=ID;

repeated / subject=ID type=SP(POW)(fixed_date);

lsmeans track_type / diff;

run;

quit;

If anyone can help me, that would be AWESOME.

And if you need more info, just let me know Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Since GLIMMIX does not support the REPEATED statement as such, instead using _residual_ in a random statement, you might try:

proc mixed data=sasuser.w_400_2012 method=reml;

class ID track_type;

model l_time = fixed_date track_type / s residual outp=work.resid;

random int fixed_date / subject=ID;

random _residual_ / subject=ID type=SP(POW)(fixed_date);

lsmeans track_type / diff;

run;

Now when you shift over to a non-Gaussian distribution, take care, as most of the distributions are such that the means and variances are not independent, and perhaps should be modeled as G-side "repeated" rather than R-side "repeated".  See Walt Stroup's Generalized Linear Mixed Models (2013) for an interesting take on this.  A great book, with tons of GLIMMIX examples.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation