BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Bal
Calcite | Level 5 Bal
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to connect or import Microsoft access ( .accdb) files into SAS 9.0. I tried by using proc import procedure  and also tried libname statement but i could not get success.  My access file in my desktop.I run this syntax:

libname new access 'c:\users\...\desktop\access_file.accdb';

run;

ERROR: Connect: Unrecognized database format 'c:\users\...\desktop\Access_File.accdb'

Step by step explain would be better for me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
8 REPLIES 8
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Hi Bal,

Check out this SAS Note: http://support.sas.com/kb/40/547.html. Looks like you need a newer version of SAS to work with the version of Access your're running.

Thanks

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Reeza
Super User

SAS 9.0 was released in 2002, 13 years ago. Are you sure that's the version you have?

Bal
Calcite | Level 5 Bal
Calcite | Level 5

Yeah Reeza, I still have it.

NOTE: SAS (r) Proprietary Software Version 9.00

Reeza
Super User

Upgrades are free...

Bal
Calcite | Level 5 Bal
Calcite | Level 5

How is it? I don't have any idea to free upgrade.

Reeza
Super User

If you have a valid SAS license contact your SAS rep and you can get an updated version. SAS is licensed yearly and the yearly license includes free upgrades.

If have an invalid SAS product then obviously you can't get an upgrade.

AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Hi Bal, where are you located? If you get in touch with your local SAS office, they will be able to get a newer version of the software for you. As Reeza mentioned, upgrades are free.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation