BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I understand that you can use PROC GLM to specify a model with fixed and random effects, but it does not have model selection capabilities.( FORWARD, BACKWARD etc.)

PROC GLMSELECT, I understand can do this. Is anyone aware of any other procedures that are able to model fixed and random effects and provide model selection capabilities, or is this the best one? ( I'm particularly curious about PROC MIXED, but I don't think it has a model selection option from what I can tell in the documentation)

As a followup, what are the general advantages of using PROC MIXED over say PROC GLM with a RANDOM statement?

Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation