BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
OPHD1
Fluorite | Level 6

Similar to locating the work directory,

%let wrkpath = %sysfunc (pathname(work));  /* returns the fully qualified path of any libref */

%put &wrkpath;;

Is there a command to show me where the SAS configuration file is?

I am having an issue with memory and have been referencing other posts here - I want to type the following command in my SAS configuration file:

options memsize -0;

But I do not know where it is located. I searched *.cfg in my computer and came up with nothing.

Is there a command that will give the path?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

3    proc options option=config;

4       run;

SAS (r) Proprietary Software Release 9.4  TS1M1

CONFIG=( "C:\SAS\9.4\x86\SASFoundation\9.4\sasv9.cfg"

"C:\SAS\9.4\x86\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en\sasv9.cfg" )

Specifies the configuration file that is used when initializing or

overriding the values of SAS system options.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I'm afraid that SAS does not remember the path to the config file.

What does your SAS environment look like (single machine, client-server, operating system(s))?

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

3    proc options option=config;

4       run;

SAS (r) Proprietary Software Release 9.4  TS1M1

CONFIG=( "C:\SAS\9.4\x86\SASFoundation\9.4\sasv9.cfg"

"C:\SAS\9.4\x86\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en\sasv9.cfg" )

Specifies the configuration file that is used when initializing or

overriding the values of SAS system options.

OPHD1
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the response!

OPHD1
Fluorite | Level 6

This worked thank you! Unfortunately I don't have administrative privileges in the current drive. Can I change where SAS looks for the config file?

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Yes, it can be specified on the SAS command.  See the relevant on-line document at support.sas.com

ballardw
Super User

If you have a desktop shortcut to start sas: (Windows version)

1) copy the shortcut and rename so you can tell which one it is

2) right click on the copied shortcut and go to the Properties menu.

3) the Target line should have a -CONFIG entry, change it to point to the Config file you want to use.

Apply and save the shortcut.

OPHD1
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, it worked perfectly!

EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

There can be multiple config files chained from one to another - this is typical when working in the SAS Platform (Metadata Server, Workspace Server, etc.).

In this case you can use the VALUE option in PROC OPTIONS to know in which config file the option has been set:

proc options option=work VALUE;

run;

And the log says (note the bolded text):

Option Value Information For SAS Option WORK

Value: C:\Users\isreyg\AppData\Local\Temp\SAS Temporary Files\_TD13244_L76025_

Scope: SAS Session

How option value set: Config File

Config file name:

C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en\sasv9.cfg

It the options exists in multiple config files which are chained together this option shows the last config file used which effectively overrides all the other config files

fit2perform
Calcite | Level 5

When I run the code to identify the location of the config file, it points to that folder, but there are only some odd data files and index files there.  I opened one, and it did not appear to be a config file.  I think the config file is missing.  Is there a default one available somewhere?

fit2perform
Calcite | Level 5

I just found it!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 6 in conversation