BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ayaaj
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to check the linearity assumption of my covariates as well as the PH assumption. Knowing that all my covariates are time varying (they can change many times during the follow up) is it possible to check for the lineraity as well as PH assumption?

I am trying tu use this code:

ODS GRAPHICS ON;
proc phreg data=data1;
Model(start,stop)*event(0)=x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6;
assess var=(x1 x2 )/resample;
run;
ODS GRAPHICS Off;

But this code did not work with the counting process neither the programming statement code.

Is there any other way to plot martingal and shoenfeld residuals ?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
ayaaj
Calcite | Level 5

In his book Survival analysis using sas : A practical guide: chapter 4: Dr Allison wrote:

"Whenever you introduce time-dependent covariates into a Cox regression model, it’s no longer accurate to call it a proportional hazards (PH) model. Why? Because the time-dependent covariates will change at different rates for different individuals, so the ratios of their hazards cannot remain constant."

So i think if the value of my variables change during the follow up the is no need to test for PH assumption?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation