BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
isurveyor
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to SAS.  I have just set up the UNiversity Edition on My computer. 

I have also downloaded Ron Cody's book "An introduction to SAS University Edition"

According the book the navigation pane shold have nuber of tags . I have TASK and Snippets.  However, Libaries and File Short Cuts are not present. 

How can I find these tags please.

My  os is windows 10 with VM player as a virtual machine.

My Browser is Firefox 44

regards

Ivor Surveyor

isurveyor@vianet.net.au

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

There are no drive names in SAS UE, only folders starting at root. UE runs in UNIX, not the famed product from Moronic Systems.

There's probably a problem with the shared folder that needs to be set when the VM is installed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ad123123
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Friend,

Please use following statement to create library:-

libname '<Your Dive name>:\<Your folder name in which you want to create SAS datasets>;

For ex:- libname "D\MySASLib";

Run the above statement in editor and your library will be assigned. You can assign other libraries as well in simillar manner

Please let us know if you require some more help.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

There are no drive names in SAS UE, only folders starting at root. UE runs in UNIX, not the famed product from Moronic Systems.

There's probably a problem with the shared folder that needs to be set when the VM is installed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation