BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BlueNose
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I am trying to fit a mixed model, and for some reason I could not find, SAS 9.3 doesn't let me use the lsmestimate statement.

I wrote the next code (only with real variable names), and the lsmestimate is colored with red and not with blue like I would expect..

proc mixed data = MyData plots = all;

class X1 X2;

model Y = X3 X1;

random intercept / subject = Subject_ID;

random intercept / subject = Z1*Subject_ID;

lsmeans X1 / plot = diff;

lsmestimate X1 "level 1 vs. level 3" 1 0 -1;

run;

does anybody knows why ?

Thank you !

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Sometimes, new features are not recognized by the enhanced editor but they work anyway.Do you get error messages when you run this analysis?

PG

PG
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

This happens to me all the time, and I have had no trouble with the LSMESTIMATE statement.

Steve Denham

BlueNose
Quartz | Level 8

you are both right, I tried running it, and it ran smoothly, so it's only an "editor bug".

The output was identical to the one I got from the 'estimate' command, I am not sure I understand the difference then...

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

For a lot of things, LSMESTIMATE and ESTIMATE will give the same result.  What you can do with LSMESTIMATE that you cannot do with ESTIMATE is why I tend to use it more.  The biggest difference is that LSMESTIMATE can accept a "multiple line" series of estimates, much like the CONTRAST statement, while the ESTIMATE statement provides only a single comparison.  This is especially useful for joint testing of hypotheses of interest, and for application of multiple comparison adjustments when you are only interested in specific comparisons, as opposed to the adjustments available through the LSMEANS statment.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation