Help using Base SAS procedures

Is there any method to control decimals and introduce 1000 separators in “proc summary output” ?

Accepted Solution Solved
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is there any method to control decimals and introduce 1000 separators in “proc summary output” ?

Hi Community,

I have outputted the data set named  “Source_Data_Bank” using following proc summary procedure.

I need the output file’s data to be appeared with no decimals and with 1000 separators (1,000,000)

proc summary data=vtemp   nway missing maxdec=0; /* maxdec not responds */

format date date9.;

class date;

var Current One_to_30 Thirty_to_60 Sixty_to_90 Ninety_plus NPNA write_off;

output out=/*a.*/Source_Data_Bank(drop=_Smiley Happy

sum=;

run;

Could any one help me?

Thanks

Mirisage

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-30-2012 03:24 PM
Super User

Re: Is there any method to control decimals and introduce 1000 separators in “proc summary output” ?

You might be pleasantly surprised what happens when you add:

format Current One_to_30 Thirty_to_60 Sixty_to_90 Ninety_plus NPNA write_off comma15.0;

to the proc summary code. The COMMAw.d format accepts w values up to 32, so adjust the 15 above as needed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: Is there any method to control decimals and introduce 1000 separators in “proc summary output” ?

Not directly, you need a second step to apply formats to the data, or use proc tabulate instead.

EDIT: You could go and change the template but that seems complicated when there are other solutions.

Solution
‎08-30-2012 03:24 PM
Super User

You might be pleasantly surprised what happens when you add:

format Current One_to_30 Thirty_to_60 Sixty_to_90 Ninety_plus NPNA write_off comma15.0;

to the proc summary code. The COMMAw.d format accepts w values up to 32, so adjust the 15 above as needed.

Super Contributor

Hi ballardw,

Actually it was a pleasent surprise!

It exactly worked the way I wanted.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Reeza,

Thank you for your help too.

Warm regards

Mirisage

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation