Help using Base SAS procedures

Is it a better decision to take the advanced sas programming exam alone without taking the base programming exam?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is it a better decision to take the advanced sas programming exam alone without taking the base programming exam?

Hi,

I am done with my base programming exam and I missed the pass grade in 1 point. I have sufficient knowledge about the basics of SAS programming and I would like to know if I could go ahead and just write the SAS advanced programming exam without retaking the base exam. I would be glad if you guys can let me know your suggestions.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-12-2015 06:39 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Is it a better decision to take the advanced sas programming exam alone without taking the base programming exam?

Hi: Please review the Frequently Asked Questions for the exam:

http://support.sas.com/certify/faq.html#

specifically at #10:

Q: Can I take the SAS Advanced Programming for SAS 9 exam without having to take the SAS Base Programm...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: Is it a better decision to take the advanced sas programming exam alone without taking the base programming exam?

I believe you have to pass the first before you can take/pass the second:

SAS Global Certification program

Candidates who earn this credential will have taken and earned passing scores of the following two exams: 1) SAS Base Programming for SAS 9 exam, and 2) SAS Advanced Programming for SAS 9 exam.

Good luck on your next try on the Base exam.

New Contributor

Hi reeza,

Thanks for your reply.

Will it be better choice, if I take the advanced exam first before retaking the base exam?

Thank you.

Solution
‎01-12-2015 06:39 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: Please review the Frequently Asked Questions for the exam:

http://support.sas.com/certify/faq.html#

specifically at #10:

Q: Can I take the SAS Advanced Programming for SAS 9 exam without having to take the SAS Base Programm...

New Contributor

Thank you for your guidance.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation