BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I believe I can run that procedure with BASE SAS 8.0, but now I couldn't run it, it said I don't have license or license expired.
Looks like it's part of SAS/FSP, how can I install it?
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Suggest using SAS PROC SETINIT to determine definitively what SAS products are installed (not necessarily licensed) with each SAS version on your system.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried the procedure u mentioned, and it looks like I don't have SAS/FSP installed. DO I have to purchase it seperately? I did see a folder of FSP in our server for SAS license though.

Cathy
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Yes, you should check with your SAS system administrator about the current SAS/FSP license status.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hey Scott,

Can I just check something? I thought proc setinit would tell me what was licenced (not necesarilly installed). Am I mixed up or are you?
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I am unable to support my observation about PROC SETINIT and "installed" versus "licensed / when to expire" forum post reply. You are likely correct and so I stand corrected. Thanks for the feedback.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

We built an alternative to FSEDIT, and it _should_ work on SAS v8, although it hasn't been tested that far back!  Am sure it could though with a few tweaks.

It uses SASjs Server as the middleware, and connects directly to your SAS executable.  Free for 5 users.  Download instructions are here:  https://4gl.uk/dcdeploy

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation