BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
i want to know if it is possible to install two environnement of SAS 9.2 on the same machine? if yes, how? and what about application server?

Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When you ask about an "application server", that is one of the features of the SAS/IntrNet software or you could possibly be talking about doing server installation on the Enterprise Intelligence Platform. If you have installation questions about SAS/IntrNet or the Enterprise Intelligence Platform, your best resource is the install documentation or opening a track with Tech Support.

To send a question to Tech Support, go to http://support.sas.com/ and in the left-hand navigation pane, click on the link entitled "Submit a Problem". Alternately, you can go directly to the Tech Support Problem Form here:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I want to install 2 copy of SAS 9.2 on seperate directories under unix. I have also 2 websphere binary installation on this diffrent directories.
When installaing SAS 9.2, the deployment manager cretae profiles of SAS (dmgr, node agent and application server) automatically, it ask me just the directory where websphere is installed!
My question :
Can i install(separately on different directories) and run this two installation of the same version SAS 9.2 on the same machine with different ports?

Thanks for your intersting.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I still think this is a question for Tech Support. They can look at the product suite you are installing and give you the best advice about port numbers and installation questions.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Ok. I send it to the support 🙂

Have a nice day.
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You don't need two installs!
With one install, you can have two executions of SAS each executing different processes, or the same process but with different parameters (like the active port numbers)

PeterC
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
You could want two installs, which I think is possible on UNIX, if you want an Dev/Test environment to test hotfixes installs etc

Barry
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
The original post specifically mentioned an "application server". In particular, the term "application server" in the context of SAS can refer to a server defined to the SAS/IntrNet software and/or might be used to refer to either the Stored Process server or the Workspace server as part of a SAS Enterprise Intelligence install.

Both of those product suites have different ways to handle server pooling and server requests for resources. Installation is more complicated than just installing two instances of SAS.

cynthia
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Cynthia It also specifically mentioned "install two environnement of SAS 9.2 ", which would involve two instances of SAS, granted each would need some special configuration to ensure there was no conflicts with ports etc Message was edited by: twocanbazza

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation