BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
suk
Calcite | Level 5 suk
Calcite | Level 5

Can anyone of you create a sample data set and step by step explain how the initial seed is calculated in case of proc fasclus and how the distance is calculated from the respecttive cluster seed and according to the distance it is assigned to the cluster

and also how the pseudo f stat is calculated.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Have you read the Introduction to Clustering Procedures in the SAS/STAT documentation?  Most of your questions can be answered there.

Steve Denham

suk
Calcite | Level 5 suk
Calcite | Level 5

yes i read the SAS Documentation but still I am not able to understand.So I need help to understand it through an example.

Thanks in advance

thebob
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Suk,

I agree that the SAS documentation does not mention everything needed for how initial seeds are selected - I've started to write this process in open code but I'm struggling to get the first test right on datasets with more than 1,000 observations.

As for the PSF value, I have written code that will replicate this value. It didn't take long to calculate each component by starting with a small dataset (say, 20 observations) and only 2 variables to play around with. I suggest the following links:

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation