BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tanuj82
Calcite | Level 5

ERROR: Module SASMSR  not found in search paths.

ERROR: Method _getValue(NCCO)N is not defined.

ERROR: This method is not defined for the object class.

Parameters passed to method _GETVALUE:

1 (Numeric Literal) = 0

2 (Character Literal) = 'PRODUCTS\BASE\EFI\GuessingRows'

3 valuType = ''

4 regValues = .

Program returning prematurely at line 820

AF Program: SASHELP.EFI.EFIBATCH.SCL

NOTE: Import Cancelled.

8 REPLIES 8
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

What version of SAS and OS?

What was the syntax of the IMPORT?

tanuj82
Calcite | Level 5

Version of SAS is 9  TS Level 00M0 and version of OS is Windows 7 Home Basic. I didn't write any syntax , I was trying to import using the File and Import data option.

cj9000
Obsidian | Level 7

If you are licensed for SAS/Access Interface to PC File Formats in SAS 8.2 but Access is not installed properly, the PC File Formats filetypes (such as Excel, MSAccess, DBF, and so on) remain available when you try to use the Export and Import wizards. However, if you select these file types, this error message appears: ERROR: Module SASIMODE not found in search paths

5871 - "ERROR: Module SASIMODE not found in search paths" message appears whenattempting to import o...

tanuj82
Calcite | Level 5

I have written the below code to import using the data step ..its still not working ..

proc import datafile= "C:\Users\admin\Documents\SAS CASE STUDY\SAS Master Case Study-2_Data\Laptops.csv"

out=laptops

dbms=csv

replace;

getnames=yes;

run;

proc print;

run;

The error message I am getting is :-

75   proc print;

ERROR: There is not a default input data set (_LAST_ is _NULL_).

76   run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds.

Please help..??

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Looks to me that PROC IMPORT does not set the automatic _LAST_ system option, which holds the name of the most recently created dataset.

Use

proc print data=laptops;

run;

instead.

And have a look at the complete log. PROC IMPORT will place the DATA step that it automatically creates there, so you have something to start writing your own DATA step. PROC IMPORT is good for a first shot, but a manually written DATA step is the way to go with .csv (or other "flat" files).

tanuj82
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for all the answers , I have been able to import all my .csv files into SAS after reinstalling a fresh University version of SAS..now I need help with a Case Study .. is anyone willing to guide me answer the case study questions ..? if yes I can share it via Email or if possible here on the forum as well ..

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, you are importing a filetype of MS Office and you lack the SAS/Access part.  If your file really is CSV, i.e.  text delimited by commas -> open in Notepad, then as KurtBremser has said, write a datastep import program - plenty of examples on here.

If it is an Excel file, then SaveAs -> CSV.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation