Help using Base SAS procedures

How to signon and rsubmit with user and password option, and suppress autoexec.sas in SAS

Occasional Contributor

How to signon and rsubmit with user and password option, and suppress autoexec.sas in SAS

Is there a way to Not run autoexec.sas, during remote signon and rsubmit? I have tried sascmd="sas -noautoexec" but it conflicts with the user= and password= options.

Super User

Re: How to signon and rsubmit with user and password option, and suppress autoexec.sas in SAS

Please post your complete signon process statements otherwise we would be guessing what is going on.

Occasional Contributor

Re: How to signon and rsubmit with user and password option, and suppress autoexec.sas in SAS

%let server = unix.wharton.upenn.edu 4016;

options comamid=TCP remote=wrds ;

signon server nocscript user=aaa  password=bbb;

Rsubmit;

The above would automatically invoke the autoexec.sas at remote server.

Super User

Create a script file for the remote login where SAS is called with -noautoexec

For more information, see SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.2 User's Guide

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Occasional Contributor

And how to invoke the script with signon statement and what is the content of the script file? It is not clear. Please provide a complete answer.

Super User

READ.THE.DOCUMENTATION.

From the link I provided, you directly find

SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.2 User's Guide

where a simple signon script is presented and documented.

You can also find examples in your SASFoundation/x.x/misc/connect subdirectory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User

I suggest you also check with your SAS administrator to see if they have a way of of avoiding the autoexec.

Occasional Contributor

sorry the admin doesn't know.

Regular Contributor

You'd want to write another TCPWIN.SCR file and link to it by a statement along the lines of

FILENAME RLINK "C:\blah-dee-bee-blah-path\TCPWIN.SCR"

Before I continue do you know where you find this statement and the TCPWIN.SCR file that you are currently using?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation