BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RCPenguin
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have a dataset that has two variable genders (coined as gender=0 and gender=1)

I am assuming it is possible to do proc means on just gender=0 or gender=1 but I am not sure how to specify that in SAS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P

3 REPLIES 3
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

you could try to use a where condition in the proc means something like where gender=0. so proc means works on only those records

Thanks,
Jag
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Do you really only want to do it only on Male or Female or is this just a way to get results into another format and you will end up doing two proc means?  If so perhaps use the by sex; line in your proc means.  Maybe elaborate on what you are trying to achieve.

RCPenguin
Calcite | Level 5

Sure, no problem.

I eventually am going to be looking for mean values in terms of the scores that both genders achieved.

I want to compare the mean values of the different scores and see who scored better or if the numbers are similar

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation