Help using Base SAS procedures

How to preserve formatting of proc freq table output in Results Viewer when copying/pasting?

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to preserve formatting of proc freq table output in Results Viewer when copying/pasting?

The proc freq output in SAS v9.3 looks great, but when I copy and paste tables from the Results Viewer into the body of an email in MS Outlook email or into an MS Word document the nice formatting (blue font & background shading) is replaced with bland black & white Times New Roman font.

I don't have this problem when I copy production quality scatterplots produced with proc sgplot into Outlook or Word.

Is there a quick and easy way to preserve proc freq formatting or do I need to specify table formatting in proc template? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-14-2014 05:17 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to preserve formatting of proc freq table output in Results Viewer when copying/pasting?

Ah, figured it out - it's the "HTMLBlue" format style I need to specify with the ODS output statement:

ods rtf body="C:\freq tables\table_1.rtf" style=HTMLBlue;

proc freq data=work.dataset;

title "Table 1";

tables x;

run;

ods rtf close;

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-14-2014 05:17 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to preserve formatting of proc freq table output in Results Viewer when copying/pasting?

Ah, figured it out - it's the "HTMLBlue" format style I need to specify with the ODS output statement:

ods rtf body="C:\freq tables\table_1.rtf" style=HTMLBlue;

proc freq data=work.dataset;

title "Table 1";

tables x;

run;

ods rtf close;

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation