Help using Base SAS procedures

How to format a numeric value from N or All in Proc Tabulate?

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to format a numeric value from N or All in Proc Tabulate?

Hello,

Here is my SAS code:

proc tabulate data = parenting format=comma12.;

class parsel;

table parsel ='Parents' all,

n*f=7.0 pctn*f=9.1 /rts=25;

keylabelpctn = 'Percent'

all = 'Total';

run;

Using Proc Means i get a total sum of 13572799.05. However, Proc Tabulate yields the following number: 1.36E+07 (when expanded, it is 13570000 (see Excel attachment). How can I format 1.36E+07 to get it fully displayed with 2 decimal points like 13572799.05 (or 13,572,799.05)?

Thanks for your technical input,

Artp

N

Percent

Parents

1.36E+07

Total

1.36E+07

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-07-2017 02:54 PM
Super User

Re: How to format a numeric value from N or All in Proc Tabulate?

I don't know where you are getting a SUM from since you do not have any VAR type variables in the table.

The format would be assigned to the statistic keyword just as you have shown with N and Pctn.

The display of a value in exponential notation  means that you somewhere may have set a space that was too small for the number of digits.

table var*sum * f= F12.2

should work for a requested sum. IF you are using a comma format you need to allow for the extra characters the commas will take up and us Comma14.2 (or larger as needed)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎06-07-2017 02:54 PM
Super User

Re: How to format a numeric value from N or All in Proc Tabulate?

I don't know where you are getting a SUM from since you do not have any VAR type variables in the table.

The format would be assigned to the statistic keyword just as you have shown with N and Pctn.

The display of a value in exponential notation  means that you somewhere may have set a space that was too small for the number of digits.

table var*sum * f= F12.2

should work for a requested sum. IF you are using a comma format you need to allow for the extra characters the commas will take up and us Comma14.2 (or larger as needed)

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation