BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
acm246
Calcite | Level 5

I have a data set that contains the number of times alumni were involved in different events. Each alumni has an ID ("emplID"). I need to create a new variable in the data set, "score", that shows how many times each alumni was involved in an event. Any entry is weighted as a 1, a monetary donation > 500 is weighted as a 2. And "social event" attendance is weighted as .5. "Volunteerism" is weighted as a 2.

How do I combine all these to get one count output??

1 REPLY 1
art297
Opal | Level 21

Why not use Proc format to create an informat that you can use to create a variable containing the various weights that you mentioned and then use proc summary to calculate the sum of the weighting variable for each ID?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation