BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Petersas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Can anyone let me know how to connect to IMS database and pull data from segment using SAS on mainframe.

Any help will be apprecitated.

Thanks,

Peter.

3 REPLIES 3
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Peter,

SAS still features the SAS/Access to IMS product. This would be the proper way to go. See the online doc.

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

Petersas
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Jan,
I have check the link you have provided. can you share a sample program if you have for the same.
Thanks,
Peter
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Peter,

The online doc has many examples. It would be difficult for me to add my own as my current organization has stopped IMS over a year ago. And for me personally IMS is an echo from the past. I wrote my last line of COBOL / IMS code in 1987.

If you look up the SAS/Access Interface to IMS: Reference on support.sas.com you will find sample code.

Do keep in mind that the interface is a licensed product. You may need to contact your SAS representative to find out if this is all feasible. Unless your organization has licensed and installed the product none of the code would work.

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation