BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

I've been tasked with finding a way to change the temp/work folder on a remote machine at runtime.  Is there options with SIGNON that will allow this?

I apologize if this is not the correct area to post.

3 REPLIES 3
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Sorry to reply to my own post but I was unable to find a solution and I'm looking to see if anyone has at least been able to accomplish this.

If I put it under the wrong category please let me know so I can change it.

Thank you

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

How do you connect to the server?

If you signon using telnet, you can edit the signon script to do what you want to.

But most uses a spawner instead (one reason is that telnet is not considered safe).

When using a spawner, then it's the spawner who kicks the SAS server session, and it can be tricky to influence that.

Why do you want to change the WORK library, and how?

An option is to use another library using the TEMP libname option, which will make it mimic WORK behavior.

Data never sleeps
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi LinusH,

Thank you so much for your reply.

We are using a spawner to start the SAS server session.

The reason is that for our project users can select different data to download.  Within that process if they select too much data we want to run that job using a location that has more available space.  If it's a small job we want it to continue to use it's default location for work.  We were hoping there was an option within the signon statement where we could indicate which temp directory we wanted to use that way we could just edit that statement before it's executed.

Thank you so much for your help.  I will look into the TEMP libname option.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation